Is that beautiful time of year again here in Coeur d’Alene… Fall!
With Fall comes all of the beautiful and colorful leaves that we love and enjoy for about the first 2 weeks. After they have fallen off the trees, the fun begins with leaves all over our yards and driveways. We then being the clean up as we ready our yards for winter. The raking of those beautiful leaves into piles and then scooping them into bags to take to the landfill to throw way.
DON’t BOTHER with that this year! Spend more time inside this year enjoying your hot cocoa and cozy PJ’s! Our City of Coeur d’Alene is not only beautiful but they are also awesome! One of the benefits of living is Coeur d’Alene and our Leaf Pick Up program and its absolutely FREE for you!
Leaf Pickup! Starting Friday November 13th
Click the link here for leaf pickup map. Find your zone – leaf pickup will happen in alphabetic order.
Some things to keep in mind:
- You may start putting your leaves out Friday November 2nd.
- Please move cars out of the street if at all possible during leaf pick-up.
- Keep the leaves about one foot off the curb line to facilitate storm water flow.
- Be alert for leaf pick-up equipment traveling through your neighborhood.
- Keep a safe distance away from leaf pick-up heavy equipment.
- Recognize that we have a tough job to do in a very short window between when the leaves fall and when the snow flies.
- Understand that city and private trucks are exempted from covering loads during the leaf pick-up period. Sweepers will follow city trucks to collect remaining/excess leaves.
- Place bagged leaves in street.
- Mix branches, rubble or other refuse in with the leaves.
- Miss the deadline… we only have time for one pass!
Maybe Winder is the best time for you to consider selling?
With Demand remaining high in our area combined with low inventory which continues to drop, this winter might just be a great combination of factors making it an ideal time for you to sell.
A balanced market will sit at six months of inventory. Less than six months of inventory and you start heading into a sellers market. Lower the inventory the greater the sellers market. In Kootenai County, our inventory sits at less than 3 months in most price sectors. A large number of price sectors are sitting at just one month. Low inventory with high demand will increase market values and your list price. Interest rates continue to remain low which continues to create a tremendous amount of buyers.
Winter is often thought a difficult time to sell, but in this buying climate it creates a perfect storm for selling! In the winter months there is even less competition and this increases demand even further. Buyers out looking in the cold and snow are much more serious buyers too!
If you are interested in knowing more about the inventory levels in your neighborhood or more about our market and in determining your next step, let’s connect, we would love to assist in keeping you up on the market.
Let’s Make Awesome Happen
John and Tracey Tindall
Windermere, Coeur d’Alene Realty