Whether you are choose to self-quarantine or are ordered to do so, staying at home can get boring! We all get stir crazy after a while. We can only clean the house so many times and watch Netflix for so long. And if you have kids, that can just be torture! But, there’s plenty you can do, even at home. Check out some fun, wacky and useful ideas below to survive the rest of the quarantine!
Fun, Entertaining & Wacky Ideas
1. Tour museums, zoos, aquariums & theme parks virtually. Check out a list of 30 here!
2. Put on a T.V. show like a soap opera, mute it, and create your own dialogue.
3. Watch all the long movies you’ve avoided, especially the ones who won awards.
4. That goes for books too.
5. Have a FaceTime, Skype or Zoom meeting with your friends and family. Create a weekly or biweekly happy hour to stay connected with everybody.
6. Subscribe to a free trial of a streaming service and binge watch everything you can before the subscription ends.
7. Watch all those movies that skipped the theater.
8. Learn how to play and then play all those complicated board games.
9. Color in coloring books. Kids are optional.
10. Write a book, short story or play with all the main characters being your family members.
1. Organize! That goes for your closets, junk drawers, and tupperware cabinet. Get rid of everything you no longer need.
2. Learn a new language.
3. Get everything done on your honey-do list.
4. Work on your financial planning, create or update your budget and find out ways to save money.
5. File your taxes.
6. Update/write your will and make sure all your affairs are in order. I know that sounds morbid, but that’s something everybody avoids doing.
7. Learn something new that’s you’ve never had time for like calligraphy, knitting, crocheting, or how to make origami.
8. Train your dog.
10. Learn about the stock market.
Ideas for Kids
1. Tour museums, zoos, aquariums & theme parks virtually. Check out a list of 30 here! Yeah, it’s in this category too!
2. Make a fort. You could use cardboard or blankets and pillows.
3. Set up a a scavenger hunt.
4. Bake together and then eat it.
5. Download and fill out these printables.
6. Make play dough, check out the recipe here.
7. Do crafts like pasta jewelry or making your own board game. Click here for some crafting ideas that are quick & easy.
8. Set up an obstacle course.
9. Have a dance party.
10. Watch all the best Disney movies.
1. Learn how to meditate.
2. Do yoga.
3. Have an at home spa.
4. Take a bath…. add a glass of wine or two.
5. Take lots of naps.
6. Go for a walk.
7. Listen to or play music.
8. Start a journal.
9. Watch/read less news.
10. Breath… in through your nose and out through your mouth. We’ll all get through this together.